Mounthooly Bunkhouse Accommodation
Mounthooly is at the head of the Valley just below the Hen Hole and looking onto the West of Cheviot and is convenient for both the Pennine and St Cuthberts Way walking routes.
After extensive refurbishment in 2008, the bunkhouse now welcomes 24 guests to this wonderful location.
- 20 beds in main building in three rooms with duvets, pillows and comfortable mattresses, two 9-bed rooms and one 2-bed.
- Family annex sleeps four, bedding supplied, en-suite with shower, microwave and kettle provided for room only.
- Meeting/map room
- Sleeping bag liners supplied.
- Lounge seating area with sofas and comfy chairs in main building.
- Kitchen with appliances including fridge/freezer, cooker/hob, microwave, toaster and utensils/crockery.
- Two separate WCs and wet rooms with hot water
- Laundry room, lockable drying room and two utility Belfast sinks
- Electric panel heaters and log fire (logs supplied)
- Board games and children's toys
- Small barbeque (charcoal not supplied)
- Undercover cycle storage
- Camping area (by prior arrangement only)
- Limited car parking (please car share where possible)
- Guided walks available at a small charge – advice free
Prices per night:
£13 per adult for bunkhouse
£10 for concession for bunkhouse (available to students, registered charities and under 18's)
£ 60 for family room with children, £65 without
£190 for full bunkhouse
£160 charity rate for full bunkhouse
A £2 non returnable deposit per person is required for all bookings.
Sleeping bags £3 (plus £5 deposit)
Rucksack £2 (plus £5 deposit)
Television/DVD £5 (plus £5 deposit)
Limited selection of DVD's 50p
Maps and books of local area 50p
If you forget anything e.g. toothbrushes, basic groceries, please ask and we should be able to help.
Contact name: Pauline Baker
Telephone number: 01668 216 358
Address: Mount Hooley, College Valley, Wooler, Northumberland, NE71 6TU
Map Coordinates: GR 882, 225 Ordinance Survey
Accessibility statement: (remember this is a wilderness area and sometimes the access can be tricky!)
The private road is rough and uneven but is fully accessible by car. Due to its' remote location, the valley is subject to seasonal weather conditions. The estates office are conscious of this and endeavour to clear the road as soon as possible of any blockages. During lambing season (spring) the gates are often closed (must be manually opened).
The car park at the rear of MountHooley bunkhouse is a sloping gravel surface. You can bring your car to the entrance of the building if necessary. The entrance to the main building is reached by one shallow step. All facilities are on the ground floor, as is one bedroom with 9 bunked beds. The showers and toilets are on the ground floor and are fully accessible with hand rails to offer support. The cooking facilities and washing areas are at an accessible level. The other two bedrooms of 2 and 9 beds are up a flight of stairs on the first floor. There are only bedrooms on this floor.
The family room is on the ground floor, has 2 bunked beds and is up one shallow step.
We would recommend that those who are mobility or visually impaired bring a helper to assist.
We strive to provide facilities and services to all our guests to the highest standards. We are happy to assist in any way where possible to meet specific needs. Please contact us directly if you have any queries or would like further information.